This sometimes happens when the speakers and turntable share the same surface. The vibrations from the speakers playing feedback into the turntables stylus, causing unwanted noise. The best way to mitigate this would be to place the speakers on a different surface. If that's not an option, we'd recommend trying out some isolation stands. For larger speakers like A5+ and HD6, the ones made by Isoacoustics work well.
Articles in this section
- What amplifiers work best with the HDP6?
- The HDP6 is rated at 4 ohms but my receiver has speaker outputs listed as 8 ohms. Will the HDP6s work with my receiver?
- I'm using a turntable with my Audioengine speakers, and it gets noisy when I turn the volume up. What gives?
- Why don't the HDP6 speakers have built in amplifiers similar to the A2+ and A5+ Classic active systems?
- Can I use the HDP6 passive speakers with the Audioengine S8 sub?
- Can I use your N22 amplifier with the HDP6?