Absolutely! We've had a lot of really good feedback from our customers on this, and it's really easy to add to an existing Airplay setup. You can connect your Airport Express into the D1's optical input using a mini-Toslink to Toslink cable to pass a digital signal to the D1. Like other setups without a computer you'll still need to connect the D1 to a USB connection for power - Either a USB AC adapter like we offer in our accessories, or a nearby USB port capable of delivering a minimum of 500mA. Please note that the USB port on the Airport express is intended only for lower powered or self powered devices (like a printer) and will not reliably power the D1.
Articles in this section
- Is D1 USB input isochronous or asynchronous?
- How can the D1 external computer DAC improve my music?
- Will the D1 work with my low-impedance headphones?
- Can I use the D1 with my Airport Express for even better sounding Airplay?
- The audio cuts out at randomly when using the optical input with my TV, what can I do?
- How powerful is the headphone amp in the D1? Will it drive my headphones?
- What volume level should I set my D1 and/or speakers to for the best results?
- Where can I download drivers for the D1?
- What media player software and audio file formats are compatible with the D1 when using it with a computer?
- When I plug in headphones will the D1 RCA outputs be muted?