This sometimes happens when the speakers and turntable share the same surface. The vibrations from the speakers playing feedback into the turntables stylus, causing unwanted noise. The best way to mitigate this would be to place the speakers on a different surface. If that's not an option, we'd recommend trying out some isolation stands. For larger speakers like A5+ and HD6, the ones made by Isoacoustics work well.
Articles in this section
- The P4 is rated at 4 ohms but my receiver has speaker outputs listed as 8 ohms. Will the P4's work with my receiver?
- What amplifiers work best with the P4?
- I'm using a turntable with my Audioengine speakers, and it gets noisy when I turn the volume up. What gives?
- What size bolt will fit the P4's threaded inserts?
- Can I use the P4 passive speakers with the Audioengine S8 sub?
- Why don't the P4 speakers have built in amplifiers similar to the A2 and A5 active systems?
- Are the Bamboo P4 and A5+ sets actually made of bamboo?