The DAC3 is essentially a very high-end external sound card. Its components and implementation of those components make it more capable than what might be built into a computer, not to mention the benefit of moving those sensitive components outside and away from the potentially noisy interior of your computer. All of this means the signal your speakers or wired headphones receive will be clearer, with a lower noise-floor, and with a more pronounced dynamic range over your internal sound card.
Articles in this section
- Why does the light on the DAC3 light up when first connected to my phone but then turn off?
- What DAC chip does the DAC3 use?
- Will my device be sufficient to power the DAC3?
- A hum or buzzing sound can be heard.
- I am playing HD files or streams but the DAC3 HD indicator LED is not illuminated.
- Only one channel plays music.
- The output level from the DAC3 is low.
- My DAC3 is connected as shown, but there is no music output.
- Does DAC3 support MQA files?
- Will DAC3 work with lower impedance headphones such as my Beyerdynamic DT-990 and Hifiman HE500?