When using the optical input of the D1 DAC or the HD6 speakers, you'll need to make sure your TV's audio output is set to PCM (not Dolby, DTS, or 5.1/surround). Special hardware is needed to process Dolby audio signals. If your TV is set to Dolby, it's likely you'll hear some audio but it will be intermittent in nature with dropouts. Once the output is set to PCM, this should resolve the issue. Check with your TV manufacturer for directions on how to make this adjustment.
Articles in this section
- Is D1 USB input isochronous or asynchronous?
- How can the D1 external computer DAC improve my music?
- Will the D1 work with my low-impedance headphones?
- Can I use the D1 with my Airport Express for even better sounding Airplay?
- The audio cuts out at randomly when using the optical input with my TV, what can I do?
- How powerful is the headphone amp in the D1? Will it drive my headphones?
- What volume level should I set my D1 and/or speakers to for the best results?
- Where can I download drivers for the D1?
- What media player software and audio file formats are compatible with the D1 when using it with a computer?
- When I plug in headphones will the D1 RCA outputs be muted?