All digital audio sources will ultimately need to be converted to analog to provide sound through any speaker system. Any optical/Bluetooth input will pass the digital signal on to the HD6's internal digital-to-analog converter (DAC), while the RCA/3.5mm inputs are already analog and have been converted by the built-in DAC in your source. So it's a question of which DAC sounds best to you. We would recommend testing each input separately to see which one you prefer!
Articles in this section
- Is the HD6 designed only for use with Bluetooth devices?
- What's the difference between the HD6 and the A5+?
- How would I connect a subwoofer to the HD6 speakers?
- Can I connect the S6 to my powered speakers?
- Are firmware updates or driver downloads needed for my Audioengine product?
- How do I connect my Bluetooth-ready Audioengine speakers to my Bluetooth device?
- The audio cuts out at randomly when using the optical input with my TV, what can I do?
- My speakers sound distorted, what can I do?
- My HD6 speakers sound distorted, what should I do?
- Which input should I use on my HD6's for the best sound quality?