All digital audio sources will ultimately need to be converted to analog to make sound through any speaker system. Any USB/Bluetooth input will pass the digital signal on to the HD3's internal digital-to-analog converter (DAC), while the RCA/3.5mm inputs are already analog and have been converted by the built-in DAC in your source. So it's a question of which DAC sounds best to you. We would recommend testing each input separately to see which one you prefer!
Articles in this section
- Does HD3 come with speaker grills?
- Can I take my Audioengine HD3 speakers to another country with a different voltage?
- Can I connect the S6 to my powered speakers?
- Are firmware updates or driver downloads needed for my Audioengine product?
- How do I connect my Bluetooth-ready Audioengine speakers to my Bluetooth device?
- My speakers sound distorted, what can I do?
- How do I connect my speakers to my Bluetooth device?
- How do I connect my HD3 speakers to my Bluetooth device?
- My HD3 speakers sound distorted, what should I do?
- Which input should I use on my HD3's for the best sound quality?