Yes, you still need to connect the active/left speaker to the passive/right speaker via the included speaker wire. The passive right speaker has no power source of its own and relies on the amplified signal coming over the wire.
Articles in this section
- Is the HD6 designed only for use with Bluetooth devices?
- What's the difference between the HD6 and the A5+?
- How would I connect a subwoofer to the HD6 speakers?
- Can I connect the S6 to my powered speakers?
- Are firmware updates or driver downloads needed for my Audioengine product?
- How do I connect my Bluetooth-ready Audioengine speakers to my Bluetooth device?
- The audio cuts out at randomly when using the optical input with my TV, what can I do?
- My speakers sound distorted, what can I do?
- My HD6 speakers sound distorted, what should I do?
- Which input should I use on my HD6's for the best sound quality?