You can absolutely use your headphones with the HD4 speakers. The HD4's have a built in headphone amp and a 3.5mm headphone jack located on the front of the powered speaker. When headphones are connected, the audio coming from the HD4 speakers will be cut out so as to not interfere with the audio coming from the headphones. We recommend using headphones with impedance levels between 10 ohms to 10,000 ohms.
Articles in this section
- Can I use my headphone's with the HD4's?
- What stands would you recommend for the HD4's?
- Why is my output limited to 16-bit on my computer when the HD4's are connected via USB?
- What does the indicator light on the HD4 front panel mean?
- How easy is it to set up HD4?
- Does HD4 come with speaker grills?
- Can I use the HD4 with tablets or smartphones like Samsung Galaxy or Microsoft Surface?
- Can I take my Audioengine HD4 speakers to another country with a different voltage?
- Can I use an inverter with my HD4 speakers?
- The HD4 has a built in USB digital-to-analog converter (DAC), but can I also use a different DAC?