Bluetooth uses “lossy compression”, meaning that some audio data is lost. In most cases, this is imperceptible. Depending on the music service, WiFi can deliver lossless CD quality audio to the A1-MR.
Articles in this section
- What are the differences between A1-MR (Wi-Fi) and A1 (Bluetooth)?
- Which has better sound, Audioengine Bluetooth or Wi-Fi?
- What’s the difference between the A1-MR and B-Fi?
- Is there a difference in sound quality between A1-MR and B-Fi?
- If A1-MR is used outside the Audioengine app, will multiroom and stereo configurations follow to other music services and apps?
- How many rooms or zones are possible?
- What is the wireless connection range for the A1-MR?
- Can I use a hotspot as an access point?
- Can A1-MR play high resolution music?
- Can I play locally-stored music?