You should be able to use multiple sources with the HD4s just fine. The analog inputs on the HD4 are always active. They will play at the same time as the Bluetooth or USB input. Bluetooth and USB share the DAC though, so you can only listen to one at a time, and Bluetooth takes priority. If you're using USB for example, and start using Bluetooth, USB will mute and Bluetooth will take over. If you pause or disconnect from Bluetooth the speakers will automatically switch back to USB after a few seconds.
Articles in this section
- Do Audioengine speakers have an auto-sleep, idle, or auto-power-off function? Can I leave them on all the time?
- How easy is it to set up HD4?
- Does HD4 come with speaker grills?
- Can I use the HD4 with tablets or smartphones like Samsung Galaxy or Microsoft Surface?
- Can I take my Audioengine HD4 speakers to another country with a different voltage?
- Can I use an inverter with my HD4 speakers?
- The HD4 has a built in USB digital-to-analog converter (DAC), but can I also use a different DAC?
- If I connect my turntable to the HD4 will it be necessary to purchase a phono preamp or can I simply connect the turntable directly to the HD4 input?
- Is it possible to connect multiple sources to the HD4 simultaneously?
- Can I connect multiple sources to the HD4? Can I stream via Bluetooth and use the USB input at the same time?