Some turntables do not have a built-in preamps and as a result you will need to add an external phono preamp between your turntable and HD4. Many turntables, however, (such as the Music Hall USB-1 or Audio Technica AT-LP120) have a built-in preamp and include a switch on the back for "line" or “phono”. For Audioengine powered speakers select "line".
Articles in this section
- Can I connect the S6 to my powered speakers?
- Are firmware updates or driver downloads needed for my Audioengine product?
- How do I connect my Bluetooth-ready Audioengine speakers to my Bluetooth device?
- My speakers sound distorted, what can I do?
- How do I connect my speakers to my Bluetooth device?
- How do I connect my HD4 speakers to my Bluetooth device?
- My HD4 speakers sound distorted, what should I do?
- Which input should I use on my HD4's for the best sound quality?
- One of my HD4 speakers is not working, what should I do?
- Can I use my headphone's with the HD4's?