Some turntables do not have a built-in preamps and as a result you will need to add an external phono preamp between your turntable and HD4. Many turntables, however, (such as the Music Hall USB-1 or Audio Technica AT-LP120) have a built-in preamp and include a switch on the back for "line" or “phono”. For Audioengine powered speakers select "line".
Articles in this section
- How much latency do Audioengine Bluetooth products have?
- Do Audioengine speakers have an auto-sleep, idle, or auto-power-off function? Can I leave them on all the time?
- I'm having latency issues when using Bluetooth, what should I do?
- Why is Windows 10 is asking me for PIN when I try to pair my computer to your speakers/B1 via Bluetooth?
- Why do my speakers hum when connected to my turntable?
- How easy is it to set up HD4?
- Does HD4 come with speaker grills?
- Can I use the HD4 with tablets or smartphones like Samsung Galaxy or Microsoft Surface?
- Can I take my Audioengine HD4 speakers to another country with a different voltage?
- Can I use an inverter with my HD4 speakers?