The D1 includes a headphone amp based on the TI OPA2134 low noise opamp. This headphone amp is able to provide low-impedance, high-fidelity audio to a wide range of headphones. We've found the sweet spot for the D1 is headphones that measure between 20 and 300ohms. The resistance of a pair of headphones can tell you a little bit about how much power they need, though other variables do have an impact as well. We have heard from customers with headphones measuring as much as 600ohms who say they're happy with the output of the D1.
Articles in this section
- How easy is it to set up the D1?
- How can the D1 external computer DAC improve my music?
- How powerful is the headphone amp in the D1? Will it drive my headphones?
- What volume level should I set my D1 and/or speakers to for the best results?
- Where can I download drivers for the D1?
- What media player software and audio file formats are compatible with the D1 when using it with a computer?
- When I plug in headphones will the D1 RCA outputs be muted?
- Are the RCA connections on the rear of the D1 fixed or variable?
- Will the D1 work with my low-impedance headphones?
- Can I connect the D1 DAC to a USB hub?