It's tough to say what could cause a symptom like this because there are several possibilities. A common cause is the proximity to things like wifi routers, halogen lamps, cordless phones, ect whose interference could cause a crackling sound. If you have an Audioengine product with analog volume pot like the original A5, A2 / A2+, HD3, or N22 - the crackling/popping could be the result of a dirty volume pot! To clean it, Try this - unplug the power cord and interconnects from your active speaker or N22 and turn the volume knob quickly from 0% to 100% 20-30 times. After that, plug it back in and give it a listen. If this shows any noticeable improvement, it can be repeated and should restore the set back to normal after a few cycles. If the issue persists, please let us know and we will be happy to help you out!
Articles in this section
- Why is the Bluetooth LED orange instead of white?
- How much latency do Audioengine Bluetooth products have?
- Can I use a subwoofer with Audioengine powered speakers?
- Spotify Disclosure with B-Fi/A1-MR
- Can I connect the S6 to my powered speakers?
- How do I connect my Bluetooth-ready Audioengine speakers to my Bluetooth device?
- Where's the speakers' EQ control?
- How to connect speakers to a TV?
- Low volume from my speakers?
- Common Audio File Formats