Yes! Our amplifiers are all analog "class A/B", which run at higher temperatures than other amp designs, but sound SO MUCH better! The active speakers' rear panel may get hot to the touch, but it's important to know that it is within safety agency standards. If it's truly overheating (which is extraordinarily rare) you will likely notice a metallic smell, and the speakers will auto power off. If this happens, please contact customer support right away.
Articles in this section
- How much latency do Audioengine Bluetooth products have?
- Do Audioengine speakers have an auto-sleep, idle, or auto-power-off function? Can I leave them on all the time?
- Can I use a subwoofer with Audioengine powered speakers?
- Can I use my iPad or iPhone with the USB input on Audioengine speakers and external DACs?
- What kind of op amp do Audioengine speakers use?
- What fuse do my speakers use?
- Some people want to upgrade the audio on their TV's but aren't necessarily interested in surround sound. Can I hook up Audioengine speakers to my TV instead of buying a surround sound system or soundbar?
- Can I connect the powered speaker to the passive one wirelessly?
- The included speaker wire doesn't look like it'll fit. What gives?
- Can I use Audioengine speakers with an existing Sonos setup?