Hum or buzz in the speakers is usually caused by something external to the speakers which is coupling noise into the speaker system (either through the AC lines, cordless phone, wireless router, or directly from the source input). A common reason is that the entire system is set up such that a "ground loop" results. Basically, a ground loop occurs when the AC power grounds and the system signal grounds are not at the same electrical potential. Refer to our online Setup Guides for a list of things to try.
Articles in this section
- Why is the Bluetooth LED orange instead of white?
- How much latency do Audioengine Bluetooth products have?
- Can I use a subwoofer with Audioengine powered speakers?
- Spotify Disclosure with B-Fi/A1-MR
- Can I connect the S6 to my powered speakers?
- How do I connect my Bluetooth-ready Audioengine speakers to my Bluetooth device?
- Where's the speakers' EQ control?
- How to connect speakers to a TV?
- Low volume from my speakers?
- Common Audio File Formats