There are different theories, but rooms and tastes are different so it's tough to specify a "correct" placement. We suggest you experiment with different locations to see what works for you. As a general rule of thumb for the best sound stage balance, the speakers should be equidistant from side walls and a different distance from rear walls. Our front-ported speakers (such as the A2+, A2+ Wireless, HD3, and P4 speakers) do not need any rear panel clearance for better bass but recommend keeping them a few inches from the rear wall for adequate ventilation.
Articles in this section
- How much latency do Audioengine Bluetooth products have?
- Can I use a subwoofer with Audioengine powered speakers?
- Spotify Disclosure with B-Fi/A1-MR
- Can I connect the S6 to my powered speakers?
- Are firmware updates or driver downloads needed for my Audioengine product?
- How do I connect my Bluetooth-ready Audioengine speakers to my Bluetooth device?
- Where's the speakers' EQ control?
- How to connect speakers to a TV?
- Low volume from my speakers?
- Common Audio File Formats