Nope! Audioengine powered speakers have amplifiers built-in. This means you don't need any extra equipment, other than a source to play music on (smartphone, tablet, computer, CD player, turntable, etc). Just plug your source directly into the inputs on the rear panel of the left speaker with the included cables, or connect to them via Bluetooth, and voila! You're listening to music!
Articles in this section
- How much latency do Audioengine Bluetooth products have?
- Do Audioengine speakers have an auto-sleep, idle, or auto-power-off function? Can I leave them on all the time?
- Can I use a subwoofer with Audioengine powered speakers?
- Why do my speakers hum when connected to my turntable?
- Can I use my iPad or iPhone with the USB input on Audioengine speakers and external DACs?
- What kind of op amp do Audioengine speakers use?
- What fuse do my speakers use?
- Some people want to upgrade the audio on their TV's but aren't necessarily interested in surround sound. Can I hook up Audioengine speakers to my TV instead of buying a surround sound system or soundbar?
- Can I connect the powered speaker to the passive one wirelessly?
- The included speaker wire doesn't look like it will fit. What gives?