Nope! Audioengine powered speakers have amplifiers built-in. This means you don't need any extra equipment, other than a source to play music on (smartphone, tablet, computer, CD player, turntable, etc). Just plug your source directly into the inputs on the rear panel of the left speaker with the included cables, or connect to them via Bluetooth, and voila! You're listening to music!
Articles in this section
- How much latency do Audioengine Bluetooth products have?
- Some people want to upgrade the audio on their TV's but aren't necessarily interested in surround sound. Can I hook up Audioengine speakers to my TV instead of buying a surround sound system or soundbar?
- Do Audioengine speakers have an auto-sleep, idle, or auto-power-off function? Can I leave them on all the time?
- Can I use a subwoofer with Audioengine powered speakers?
- Common Audio File Formats
- Why is Windows 10 is asking me for PIN when I try to pair my computer to your speakers/B1 via Bluetooth?
- My volume knob has become loose/unresponsive - what should I do?
- Why do my speakers hum when connected to my turntable?
- Can I use my iPad or iPhone with the USB input on Audioengine speakers and external DACs?
- What kind of op amp do Audioengine speakers use?