Nope! Audioengine powered speakers have amplifiers built-in. This means you don't need any extra equipment, other than a source to play music on (smartphone, tablet, computer, CD player, turntable, etc). Just plug your source directly into the inputs on the rear panel of the left speaker with the included cables, or connect to them via Bluetooth, and voila! You're listening to music!
Articles in this section
- If my speakers are in idle mode, why can I still hear a faint hum or hiss if I put my ear very close to the speaker?
- What does it mean if the LED indicator is orange, instead of white?
- Why do I have to plug one speaker into the wall?
- What is the difference between powered and active speakers?
- Can I use a power inverter with Audioengine speakers?
- Can I take my Audioengine speakers to another country with a different voltage?
- Can I increase the length or change the speaker wire between each speaker?
- Will the sound be affected if I place the left (active) speaker on the right side and the right speaker on the left?
- Can Audioengine speakers be placed on their sides?
- What makes Audioengine wireless Bluetooth speakers and receivers better than other Bluetooth systems?