It's important for this connection to be very tight, so the metal ends of the banana plugs make good contact against the inside of the 5-way binding post. It's for this reason that the Banana plugs we use on the included speaker wire utilize a spring style connection. The ends may appear too large to fit in the hole at the end of the 5-way binding post, but the plug will compress as you insert them. Some amount of force may be necessary to get the plug to go in, but know that this is normal, and won't damage the plug or the 5-way binding post. Click here to view a video demonstration.
Articles in this section
- If my speakers are in idle mode, why can I still hear a faint hum or hiss if I put my ear very close to the speaker?
- What does it mean if the LED indicator is orange, instead of white?
- Why do I have to plug one speaker into the wall?
- What is the difference between powered and active speakers?
- Can I use a power inverter with Audioengine speakers?
- Can I take my Audioengine speakers to another country with a different voltage?
- Can I increase the length or change the speaker wire between each speaker?
- Will the sound be affected if I place the left (active) speaker on the right side and the right speaker on the left?
- Can Audioengine speakers be placed on their sides?
- What makes Audioengine wireless Bluetooth speakers and receivers better than other Bluetooth systems?