Absolutely! This is especially useful for connecting wired with newer iPhones that do not have a headphone jack output. You will need to pick up the USB Camera Adapter from Apple, which allows a USB connection to the iPad (and, as of iOS7, the iPhone). Then just hook up as you would from a computer. If you'd like to be able to charge your iPhone or iPad while you use them like this, you can use the USB 3 version of Apple's USB camera adapter, which also allows passthrough charging at the same time.
Articles in this section
- How do I connect bare speaker wire to my speakers?
- Can I turn Bluetooth off?
- Why do I hear my phone's notifications over Bluetooth?
- How do I connect the active and passive speakers together?
- Can I connect multiple sources to the HD3? Can I stream via Bluetooth and use the USB input at the same time?
- When using the USB input of the HD3, what sample rate and bit depth should I set my system to?
- Does HD3 come with speaker grills?
- Can I use the HD3 with my iPad or iPhone via USB to bypass the internal DAC and get better sound?
- Can I use the HD3 with other tablets or smartphones like Samsung Galaxy or Microsoft Surface?
- Why can I only output up to 16-bit on my computer when using the HD3s via USB?