This is normal. The HD3's USB interface can only accept a 16-bit format; however, the HD3's DAC will automatically pad the bit depth to 24-bit internally during playback, for lower noise and better dynamic range.
Articles in this section
- How easy is it to set up HD3?
- Does HD3 come with speaker grills?
- Can I use the HD3 with other tablets or smartphones like Samsung Galaxy or Microsoft Surface?
- Can I take my Audioengine HD3 speakers to another country with a different voltage?
- Why do my speakers hum when connected to my turntable?
- Can I use an inverter with my HD3 speakers?
- The HD3 has a built in USB digital-to-analog converter (DAC), but can I also use a different DAC?
- If I connect my turntable to the HD3 will it be necessary to purchase a phono preamp or can I simply connect the turntable directly to the HD3 input?
- Is it possible to have simultaneous connections to the HD3?
- Why do I hear my phone's notifications over Bluetooth?