There's not really a right or wrong when it comes to volume settings. I'd recommend setting it up whichever way is more convenient, and dialing in a combination of settings to give you the smoothest ramp-up. If you intend to use the D1's volume as your main control for example, try this: set the speakers to zero volume, and the D1 to max volume. Then with music playing, adjust the speakers up until the volume is as loud as you would want to listen to it. Then simply adjust from the your D1 to mood.
Articles in this section
- How easy is it to set up the D1?
- How can the D1 external computer DAC improve my music?
- How powerful is the headphone amp in the D1? Will it drive my headphones?
- What volume level should I set my D1 and/or speakers to for the best results?
- Where can I download drivers for the D1?
- What media player software and audio file formats are compatible with the D1 when using it with a computer?
- When I plug in headphones will the D1 RCA outputs be muted?
- Are the RCA connections on the rear of the D1 fixed or variable?
- Will the D1 work with my low-impedance headphones?
- Can I connect the D1 DAC to a USB hub?