Plug the D3 into a USB port on your computer (If possible, pick the higher speed port), and plug your headphones, powered speakers, or stereo system into the minijack output at the end of the D3. If using a Mac, go to System Preferences/Sound, and select "Audioengine D3". If you're using a PC, no setting changes are needed as the computer will automatically find the USB driver. Now play music from iTunes or your favorite media player and that's it - setup really is that easy.
Articles in this section
- How do I find out more information about DACs and computer audio?
- Can I use the D3 with an Apple iPhone or iPad?
- Where can I download drivers for the D3?
- Will D3 work with lower impedance headphones such as my Beyerdynamic DT-990 and Hifiman HE500?
- How easy is it to set up the D3?
- How is volume controlled on the D3?
- Will the D3 work with USB 1.1?
- Is D3 USB input isochronous or asynchronous?
- How do I make sure that the D3 DAC is set to 24-bit/96KHz audio?
- I'm having trouble using my D3 with Foobar in WASAPI and KS mode. What do I do?