The A5+ Classic's USB port can provide around 500mA, which is standard for high powered USB 2.0 devices; however, both the iPad and the iPhone require around 1000mA to charge with the screen on (the iPad's included USB charger actually provides around 2100mA to speed up charging with the screen on). If your iDevice is at a higher battery level it should work fine to plug it in to the A5+ Classic to maintain the battery while listening to music (with the screen on it will always show "not charging"). If the battery is low though, we'd recommend plugging it into the charger that came with it.
Articles in this section
- Why do my speakers hum when connected to my turntable?
- Does one input on the A5+ sound better than the other?
- Why does the volume knob on my A5+ Classic spin continuously?
- The volume control on my A5+ Classic is acting odd, or not responding at all. What do I do?
- Why doesn't the USB power port seem to charge my iPhone/iPad?
- The volume knob won't put the speakers in sleep mode and it doesn't click when I press it in- how can I fix this?
- Will Audioengine A5+ Classic work with my Sonos ZP90?
- Should I use the volume control on the front of the A5+ Classic or can I adjust from system volume on my computer?
- If I have a subwoofer of my own, how would I use it with the A5+ Classic?
- I have an Android phone that includes an IR transmitter. Can I use my phone to control the A5+ Classic?