Both analog inputs are "open" or active, so you can leave 2 audio sources plugged in at the same time with no need to flip any switches! Both the optical input and the bluetooth module share the same DAC so using the optical input on the HD6 as well as streaming to the speakers via bluetooth would utilize the built-in DAC. This means that the HD6's bluetooth receiver takes priority, so if you start playing audio over Bluetooth the optical input will mute; optical will resume automatically a few seconds after Bluetooth is paused or disconnected.
Articles in this section
- Is the HD6 designed only for use with Bluetooth devices?
- What's the difference between the HD6 and the A5+?
- How would I connect a subwoofer to the HD6 speakers?
- Can I connect the S6 to my powered speakers?
- Are firmware updates or driver downloads needed for my Audioengine product?
- How do I connect my Bluetooth-ready Audioengine speakers to my Bluetooth device?
- The audio cuts out at randomly when using the optical input with my TV, what can I do?
- My speakers sound distorted, what can I do?
- My HD6 speakers sound distorted, what should I do?
- Which input should I use on my HD6's for the best sound quality?