Most Audioengine powered speakers have variable RCA outputs for use with a subwoofer like the S8 (the exceptions being the B2 and the 512). This means that the output of the speakers and the RCA output will go up and down together. So once you dial in the volume of your S8, you should be able to adjust the volume from the speakers, or your source device. Either way the subwoofer and speakers should stay in balance as the volume is raised and lowered.
Articles in this section
- Can the S8 subwoofer be made wireless?
- Can I use a subwoofer with the B2?
- Are firmware updates or driver downloads needed for my Audioengine product?
- What size are the screws used to secure S8 feet?
- How do I control the volume of my S8 subwoofer? Do I have to reach behind the S8 each time I want to raise or lower the volume?
- Can the S8 subwoofer be used with the A2 desktop speakers? I don't see any audio outputs on the rear of the A2 speakers?
- What surface should I put my S8 on?
- Can I use the P4 passive speakers with the Audioengine S8 sub?
- How do you set the crossover on the S8?
- Does the crossover on the S8 adjust the frequencies played by speakers connected to the RCA line output?