Speaker placement can also play a big role in what sound you get. If you feel like it sounds "boomy," one thing we'd recommend is to try and keep as much room as possible between the back of the speakers and any walls as you can. When setting up your speakers in a tight space, one thing that may be worth trying if possible would be toeing the speakers in or out a bit; this makes the port uneven with the surface of the wall behind it and can help reduce reflections (which cause that "boomy" sound).
Articles in this section
- How to connect a turntable to Audioengine speakers
- Using our speakers with a television
- How to connect Audioengine powered speakers to a stereo receiver
- Connecting S8 to original A2
- Connecting two S8s to a pair of Audioengine powered speakers
- Where do I connect the ground wire from my turntable to the speakers?
- Can I connect two sources to my speakers?
- Can I lay my speakers sideways?
- My subwoofer only has a single LFE input; how can I connect this to your powered speakers?
- Can I swap the left and right speakers?