There are a few notable differences but both designs function basically the same. “Active” and “powered” speakers refer to speakers with power amplifiers built into either one speaker or both. Audioengine speakers were designed with the power amps in the left speaker to make connections easier as they only require one power cord and all connections are on the same speaker.
Articles in this section
- How to replace the battery in your HD6/A5+ remote control
- Connecting the Active and Passive Speakers with the Included Speaker Wire (HD6)
- Why do I hear my phone's notifications over Bluetooth?
- How do I connect bare speaker wire to my speakers?
- Can I turn Bluetooth off so my neighbors can't connect to my speakers or B1?
- What's the difference between the HD6 and the A5+?
- How does the HD6 handle multiple inputs? Can I use Bluetooth and the optical input at the same time?
- Audio and video aren't in sync when using Bluetooth. This wasn't happening before, what gives?
- Is the HD6 designed only for use with Bluetooth devices?
- My computer doesn't have an optical output; how can I connect my computer to the optical input of the HD6?