There are a few notable differences but both designs function basically the same. “Active” and “powered” speakers refer to speakers with power amplifiers built into either one speaker or both. Audioengine speakers were designed with the power amps in the left speaker to make connections easier as they only require one power cord and all connections are on the same speaker.
Articles in this section
- How do I connect bare speaker wire to my speakers?
- Can I turn Bluetooth off?
- Why do I hear my phone's notifications over Bluetooth?
- What's the difference between the HD6 and the A5+?
- Connecting the Active and Passive Speakers with the Included Speaker Wire (HD6)
- How to replace the battery in your HD6/A5+ remote control
- How does the HD6 handle multiple inputs? Can I use Bluetooth and the optical input at the same time?
- Is the HD6 designed only for use with Bluetooth devices?
- My computer doesn't have an optical output; how can I connect my computer to the optical input of the HD6?
- What speaker stands work well with the HD6?