There are different theories but rooms and tastes are different so it's tough to specify a correct placement. We suggest you experiment with different locations to see what works for you. As a general rule of thumb for the best sound stage balance, the speakers should be equidistant from side walls and a different distance from rear walls. Our rear-ported speakers (such as the A5+, HD6, and HDP6) pretty forgiving when it come to being placed near walls, but we do recommend keeping them at least a few inches from the rear wall for adequate ventilation.
Articles in this section
- How do I connect bare speaker wire to my speakers?
- What amplifiers work best with the HDP6?
- The HDP6 is rated at 4 ohms but my receiver has speaker outputs listed as 8 ohms. Will the HDP6s work with my receiver?
- Why don't the HDP6 speakers have built in amplifiers similar to the A2+ and A5+ Classic active systems?
- Can I use the HDP6 passive speakers with the Audioengine S8 sub?
- Can I use your N22 amplifier with the HDP6?
- Is it true that speaker placement really can make a difference in sound quality?