There are different theories but rooms and tastes are different so it's tough to specify a correct placement. We suggest you experiment with different locations to see what works for you. As a general rule of thumb for the best sound stage balance, the speakers should be equidistant from side walls and a different distance from rear walls. Our rear-ported speakers (such as the A5+, HD6, and HDP6) pretty forgiving when it come to being placed near walls, but we do recommend keeping them at least a few inches from the rear wall for adequate ventilation.
Articles in this section
- How much latency do Audioengine Bluetooth products have?
- Some people want to upgrade the audio on their TV's but aren't necessarily interested in surround sound. Can I hook up Audioengine speakers to my TV instead of buying a surround sound system or soundbar?
- Do Audioengine speakers have an auto-sleep, idle, or auto-power-off function? Can I leave them on all the time?
- Can I use a subwoofer with Audioengine powered speakers?
- Why is Windows 10 is asking me for PIN when I try to pair my computer to your speakers/B1 via Bluetooth?
- My volume knob has become loose/unresponsive - what should I do?
- Why do my speakers hum when connected to my turntable?
- Can I use my iPad or iPhone with the USB input on Audioengine speakers and external DACs?
- What kind of op amp do Audioengine speakers use?
- What fuse do my speakers use?