Because Audioengine active speakers already have an amp built in, you never want to connect it to the amplifier output of a stereo amp or AV receiver that would typically connect with bare speaker wire or banana plugs. If you want to use an existing AV receiver as an input switcher and that system has preamp outputs (these would typically be RCA), you could connect these to the RCA inputs on your Audioengine powered speakers.
Articles in this section
- How do I connect bare speaker wire to my speakers?
- Can I turn Bluetooth off?
- Why do I hear my phone's notifications over Bluetooth?
- What's the difference between the HD6 and the A5+?
- Connecting the Active and Passive Speakers with the Included Speaker Wire (HD6)
- How to replace the battery in your HD6/A5+ remote control
- How does the HD6 handle multiple inputs? Can I use Bluetooth and the optical input at the same time?
- Is the HD6 designed only for use with Bluetooth devices?
- My computer doesn't have an optical output; how can I connect my computer to the optical input of the HD6?
- What speaker stands work well with the HD6?