Hum or buzz in the speakers is usually caused by something external to the speakers which is coupling noise into the speaker system (either through the AC lines, cordless phone, wireless router, or directly from the source input). A common reason is that the entire system is set up such that a "ground loop" results. Basically, a ground loop occurs when the AC power grounds and the system signal grounds are not at the same electrical potential. Refer to our online Setup Guides for a list of things to try.
Articles in this section
- How do I connect bare speaker wire to my speakers?
- Can I turn Bluetooth off?
- Why do I hear my phone's notifications over Bluetooth?
- What's the difference between the HD6 and the A5+?
- Connecting the Active and Passive Speakers with the Included Speaker Wire (HD6)
- How to replace the battery in your HD6/A5+ remote control
- How does the HD6 handle multiple inputs? Can I use Bluetooth and the optical input at the same time?
- Is the HD6 designed only for use with Bluetooth devices?
- My computer doesn't have an optical output; how can I connect my computer to the optical input of the HD6?
- What speaker stands work well with the HD6?