Hum or buzz in the speakers is usually caused by something external to the speakers which is coupling noise into the speaker system (either through the AC lines, cordless phone, wireless router, or directly from the source input). A common reason is that the entire system is set up such that a "ground loop" results. Basically, a ground loop occurs when the AC power grounds and the system signal grounds are not at the same electrical potential. Refer to our online Setup Guides for a list of things to try.
Articles in this section
- How to replace the battery in your HD6/A5+ remote control
- Connecting the Active and Passive Speakers with the Included Speaker Wire (HD6)
- Why do I hear my phone's notifications over Bluetooth?
- How do I connect bare speaker wire to my speakers?
- Can I turn Bluetooth off so my neighbors can't connect to my speakers or B1?
- What's the difference between the HD6 and the A5+?
- How does the HD6 handle multiple inputs? Can I use Bluetooth and the optical input at the same time?
- Audio and video aren't in sync when using Bluetooth. This wasn't happening before, what gives?
- Is the HD6 designed only for use with Bluetooth devices?
- My computer doesn't have an optical output; how can I connect my computer to the optical input of the HD6?