Hum or buzz in the speakers is usually caused by something external to the speakers which is coupling noise into the speaker system (either through the AC lines, cordless phone, wireless router, or directly from the source input). A common reason is that the entire system is set up such that a "ground loop" results. Basically, a ground loop occurs when the AC power grounds and the system signal grounds are not at the same electrical potential. Refer to our online Setup Guides for a list of things to try.
Articles in this section
- How do I connect bare speaker wire to my speakers?
- Can I turn Bluetooth off?
- Why do I hear my phone's notifications over Bluetooth?
- How do I connect the active and passive speakers together?
- Can I connect multiple sources to the HD3? Can I stream via Bluetooth and use the USB input at the same time?
- When using the USB input of the HD3, what sample rate and bit depth should I set my system to?
- Does HD3 come with speaker grills?
- Can I use the HD3 with my iPad or iPhone via USB to bypass the internal DAC and get better sound?
- Can I use the HD3 with other tablets or smartphones like Samsung Galaxy or Microsoft Surface?
- Why can I only output up to 16-bit on my computer when using the HD3s via USB?