Some turntables do not have a built-in preamps and as a result you will need to add an external phono preamp between your turntable and HD3. Many turntables, however, (such as the Music Hall USB-1 or Audio Technica AT-LP120) have a built-in preamp and include a switch on the back for "line" or “phono”. For Audioengine powered speakers select "line".
Articles in this section
- How easy is it to set up HD3?
- Does HD3 come with speaker grills?
- Can I use the HD3 with other tablets or smartphones like Samsung Galaxy or Microsoft Surface?
- Can I take my Audioengine HD3 speakers to another country with a different voltage?
- I'm having latency issues when using Bluetooth, what should I do?
- Why is Windows 10 is asking me for PIN when I try to pair my computer to your speakers/B1 via Bluetooth?
- Do current builds of the A2+ or HD3 speakers have threaded inserts on the bottom for mounting?
- Why do my speakers hum when connected to my turntable?
- Can I use an inverter with my HD3 speakers?
- The HD3 has a built in USB digital-to-analog converter (DAC), but can I also use a different DAC?