You can absolutely still use the HD6 and it will sound great! AptX is a high-quality Bluetooth audio codec that works really well. In addition to mandatory support for SBC, Bluetooth also includes optional support for many other codecs, like MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, and AAC, all of which have their own advantages, and some of which sound very close to AptX.
Articles in this section
- Just how easy is it to set up the HD6?
- Is the HD6 designed only for use with Bluetooth devices?
- What's the difference between the HD6 and the A5+?
- Do I need to install any special software apps or drivers for the HD6?
- If HD6 is paired and connected to my phone, do I need to do anything else to play music?
- If I have a subwoofer of my own, how would I use it with the HD6?
- How to replace the battery in your HD6/A5+ remote control
- What speaker stands work well with the HD6?
- What if my source doesn't support aptX? Can I still use HD6 and if so, how will it sound?
- If I connect my turntable to the HD6 will it be necessary to purchase a phono preamp or can I simply connect the turntable directly to the HD6 input?