The D1 is essentially a very high-end external sound card. Its components and implementation of those components make it more capable than what might be built into a computer, not to mention the benefit of moving those sensitive components outside and away from the potentially noisy interior of your computer. All of this means the signal your speakers receive will be clearer, with a lower noise-floor, and with a more pronounced dynamic range over your internal sound card.
Articles in this section
- Is D1 USB input isochronous or asynchronous?
- How can the D1 external computer DAC improve my music?
- Will the D1 work with my low-impedance headphones?
- Can I use the D1 with my Airport Express for even better sounding Airplay?
- Are firmware updates or driver downloads needed for my Audioengine product?
- The audio cuts out at randomly when using the optical input with my TV, what can I do?
- How powerful is the headphone amp in the D1? Will it drive my headphones?
- What volume level should I set my D1 and/or speakers to for the best results?
- Where can I download drivers for the D1?
- What media player software and audio file formats are compatible with the D1 when using it with a computer?