The D3 is essentially a very high end external sound card. Its components and implementation make it more capable than what might be built in to a computer, not to mention the benefit of moving those sensitive components external to the potentially noisy interior of your computer. All of this means the signal your speakers receive will be clearer, with a lower noise-floor, and with a more pronounced dynamic range over your internal sound card.
Articles in this section
- How do I find out more information about DACs and computer audio?
- Can I use the D3 with an Apple iPhone or iPad?
- Where can I download drivers for the D3?
- Will D3 work with lower impedance headphones such as my Beyerdynamic DT-990 and Hifiman HE500?
- How easy is it to set up the D3?
- How is volume controlled on the D3?
- Will the D3 work with USB 1.1?
- Is D3 USB input isochronous or asynchronous?
- How do I make sure that the D3 DAC is set to 24-bit/96KHz audio?
- I'm having trouble using my D3 with Foobar in WASAPI and KS mode. What do I do?