There are different theories, but rooms and tastes are different so it's tough to specify a "correct" placement. We suggest you experiment with different locations to see what works for you. As a general rule of thumb for the best sound stage balance, the speakers should be equidistant from side walls and a different distance from rear walls. Our front-ported speakers (such as the A2+, A2+ Wireless, HD3, and P4 speakers) do not need any rear panel clearance for better bass but recommend keeping them a few inches from the rear wall for adequate ventilation.
Articles in this section
- How do I connect bare speaker wire to my speakers?
- Can I use the P4 passive speakers with the Audioengine S8 sub?
- Why don't the P4 speakers have built in amplifiers similar to the A2 and A5 active systems?
- Is the bamboo version a veneer and does the P4 bamboo version sound better than the black or white finished cabinets?
- What amplifiers work best with the P4?
- The P4 is rated at 4 ohms but my receiver has speaker outputs listed as 8 ohms. Will the P4's work with my receiver?
- Do Audioengine speakers come with speaker grills?
- Is it true that speaker placement really can make a difference in sound quality?