The battery won't necessarily drain faster, but the 512 will not go into it's "idle" mode while the mini jack is plugged in. This means the connection will stay active even if nothing is playing, so the battery is better preserved when using Bluetooth.
Articles in this section
- Help! My 512 won't charge up all the way! What gives?
- What does the button with the Bluetooth icon mean?
- How long does the 512’s battery last once charged?
- Audio and video aren't in sync when using Bluetooth. This wasn't happening before, what gives?
- Can I turn Bluetooth off so my neighbors can't connect to my speakers or B1?
- Why do I hear my phone's notifications over Bluetooth?
- Does the 512 only work via Bluetooth?
- How easy is it to set up the Audioengine 512?
- Do I need to install any special software apps or drivers for the 512?
- Can I control the volume through the volume controls of my source device?