The battery won't necessarily drain faster, but the 512 will not go into it's "idle" mode while the mini jack is plugged in. This means the connection will stay active even if nothing is playing, so the battery is better preserved when using Bluetooth.
Articles in this section
- Why does the volume on my 512 keep going down on it's on?
- Help! My 512 won't charge up all the way! What gives?
- How easy is it to set up the Audioengine 512?
- Does the 512 only work via Bluetooth?
- Can I control the 512's volume through the volume controls of my source device?
- How long does the 512’s battery last once charged?
- Can I use a subwoofer with the 512?
- Is it possible with the 512 to play music and charge the battery at the same time?
- What does the button with the Bluetooth icon mean on the 512?
- Why do I hear my phone's notifications over Bluetooth?