An external DAC is essentially a very high end external sound card. Its components, and the implementation of those components, make it more capable than what might be built into a computer, not to mention the benefit of moving those sensitive components outside and away from the potentially noisy interior of your computer. All of this means that the signal your speakers receive will be clearer, with a lower noise-floor. Also, the signal will have a more pronounced dynamic range over your internal sound card.
Articles in this section
- Why is the Bluetooth LED orange instead of white?
- How much latency do Audioengine Bluetooth products have?
- Can I use a subwoofer with Audioengine powered speakers?
- Spotify Disclosure with B-Fi/A1-MR
- Can I connect the S6 to my powered speakers?
- How do I connect my Bluetooth-ready Audioengine speakers to my Bluetooth device?
- Where's the speakers' EQ control?
- How to connect speakers to a TV?
- Low volume from my speakers?
- Common Audio File Formats