If the left speaker is in an easy to reach location, you can certainly use the physical knob to set volume. If not though, you can set the HD3 at a fixed volume and adjust from your source device. Around 50% is a good starting point, but you'll need to experiment to find what setting works best to give you a good overall volume, and a smooth ramp up.
Articles in this section
- How easy is it to set up HD3?
- Does HD3 come with speaker grills?
- Can I use the HD3 with other tablets or smartphones like Samsung Galaxy or Microsoft Surface?
- Can I take my Audioengine HD3 speakers to another country with a different voltage?
- Can I use an inverter with my HD3 speakers?
- The HD3 has a built in USB digital-to-analog converter (DAC), but can I also use a different DAC?
- If I connect my turntable to the HD3 will it be necessary to purchase a phono preamp or can I simply connect the turntable directly to the HD3 input?
- Is it possible to have simultaneous connections to the HD3?
- Why do I hear my phone's notifications over Bluetooth?
- How do I connect the active and passive speakers together?