You can use Audioengine DACs with your original A5s, no problem. You would simply use a standard RCA cable and the RCA to mini-jack adapter that came with the A5 to connect the RCA output from the DAC in to one of the mini-jack inputs.
Articles in this section
- I have the original Audioengine 5 (not the A5+ Classic), will the D1 / D2 DAC work with the inputs on that original model?
- Can I use the D2 with an Apple iPhone or iPad?
- If the D2 DAC Sender is connected to my MacBook in another room do I have to go back to the computer to change songs?
- How do I make sure that the D2 DAC is set to 24-bit/96KHz audio?
- What is the best USB cable length to use with D2?
- The D2s volume control is on the sender. Does that mean it's a digital control? Will this affect audio quality?
- Is the D2 USB isochronous or asynchronous?
- How many wireless "zones" can I set up with D2?
- What can I do to further ensure that all my wireless devices work well together?
- Why does D2 have a digital optical but no coax interface?