When you connect an optical cable, the D1 will sense that an optical input is present and give that input priority. If using D1 with optical outputs from your TV, DVD player, Apple TV, etc you will need an AC USB power adapter (sold separately) to power D1. When using the optical output from your computer, you may power D1 via the computer's USB power and therefore no external power supply is needed.
Articles in this section
- How powerful is the headphone amp in the D1? Will it drive my headphones?
- What volume level should I set my D1 and/or speakers to for the best results?
- How easy is it to set up the D1?
- Where can I download drivers for the D1?
- What media player software and audio file formats are compatible with the D1 when using it with a computer?
- When I plug in headphones will the D1 RCA outputs be muted?
- Are the RCA connections on the rear of the D1 fixed or variable?
- Will the D1 work with my low-impedance headphones?
- Can I connect the D1 DAC to a USB hub?
- I have the original Audioengine 5 (not the A5+ Classic), will the D1 / D2 DAC work with the inputs on that original model?