Optical and USB outputs are all digital, so both Windows and Mac OS X will disable the system volume control when they are in use. You can still control the volume directly in iTunes (or any media player), with the front panel volume control on the D1, or with the volume control on your audio system.
Articles in this section
- How powerful is the headphone amp in the D1? Will it drive my headphones?
- What volume level should I set my D1 and/or speakers to for the best results?
- How easy is it to set up the D1?
- Where can I download drivers for the D1?
- What media player software and audio file formats are compatible with the D1 when using it with a computer?
- When I plug in headphones will the D1 RCA outputs be muted?
- Are the RCA connections on the rear of the D1 fixed or variable?
- Will the D1 work with my low-impedance headphones?
- Can I connect the D1 DAC to a USB hub?
- I have the original Audioengine 5 (not the A5+ Classic), will the D1 / D2 DAC work with the inputs on that original model?