Both USB and Optical should provide the same high-quality digital signal to your D1. In most cases where both USB and optical are available, we usually recommend USB since it's a shorter signal path. The only real difference is that the optical input on the D1 can support up to 192KHz input if your source supports it. We'd certainly recommend trying both if you have them available to see if you can notice any difference in your setup, and with your audio files.
Articles in this section
- How easy is it to set up the D1?
- Is D1 USB input isochronous or asynchronous?
- How can the D1 external computer DAC improve my music?
- Will the D1 work with my low-impedance headphones?
- Can I use the D1 with my Airport Express for even better sounding Airplay?
- How powerful is the headphone amp in the D1? Will it drive my headphones?
- What volume level should I set my D1 and/or speakers to for the best results?
- Where can I download drivers for the D1?
- What media player software and audio file formats are compatible with the D1 when using it with a computer?
- When I plug in headphones will the D1 RCA outputs be muted?