The Optical connection on the D1 takes priority, so when the D1 receives an optical signal it will switch to this automatically. Some devices will deactivate their optical out when no audio is playing. Others will leave it active and send an empty signal when no audio is playing, meaning depending on how the optical output on that source acts you may have to shut the source off. You can use something like an optical switcher so that you can toggle between the optical source and the USB input.
Articles in this section
- Is D1 USB input isochronous or asynchronous?
- How can the D1 external computer DAC improve my music?
- Will the D1 work with my low-impedance headphones?
- Can I use the D1 with my Airport Express for even better sounding Airplay?
- Are firmware updates or driver downloads needed for my Audioengine product?
- The audio cuts out at randomly when using the optical input with my TV, what can I do?
- How powerful is the headphone amp in the D1? Will it drive my headphones?
- What volume level should I set my D1 and/or speakers to for the best results?
- Where can I download drivers for the D1?
- What media player software and audio file formats are compatible with the D1 when using it with a computer?