If using a Mac, open the Audio MIDI Setup utility in Applications->Utilities, choose "Audioengine D3" under audio devices and check that the format is set to 96 and the bit depth is set to 24bit. Also a quick check is to simply observe the HD indicator on the D3 while music is playing. If the data rate of the digital signal being sent to the D3 is above 48K, then the HD indicator will be lit.
Articles in this section
- Can I use the D3 with an Apple iPhone or iPad?
- Where can I download drivers for the D3?
- Will D3 work with lower impedance headphones such as my Beyerdynamic DT-990 and Hifiman HE500?
- How easy is it to set up the D3?
- How is volume controlled on the D3?
- Will the D3 work with USB 1.1?
- Is D3 USB input isochronous or asynchronous?
- How do I make sure that the D3 DAC is set to 24-bit/96KHz audio?
- I'm having trouble using my D3 with Foobar in WASAPI and KS mode. What do I do?
- What media player software and audio file formats are compatible with the D3 when using it with a computer?