The lower the speaker impedance, the more current (amperage) your amp or receiver will need to provide, but most separate power amps have more than a sufficient power supply and power amp sections for driving 4 ohm loads with ease. In fact many amps will perform better with a 4 ohm load as opposed to 8 ohms if their design is robust enough to supply the extra current. A quick web search will bring up more information on this subject.
Articles in this section
- Can I use the P4 passive speakers with the Audioengine S8 sub?
- Why don't the P4 speakers have built in amplifiers similar to the A2 and A5 active systems?
- Is the bamboo version a veneer and does the P4 bamboo version sound better than the black or white finished cabinets?
- What amplifiers work best with the P4?
- The P4 is rated at 4 ohms but my receiver has speaker outputs listed as 8 ohms. Will the P4's work with my receiver?