We chose optical over coax inputs and outputs for D2 (and D1) primarily because TVs, Apple TV, and computers all have optical outputs. Regarding optical vs. coax quality, there are various thoughts and theories on which is better but our experience is that as long as optical is implemented correctly and the connectors are high-quality, it is essentially the same digital SPDIF signal.
Articles in this section
- How do I find out more information about DACs and computer audio?
- I have the original Audioengine 5 (not the A5+ Classic), will the D1 / D2 DAC work with the inputs on that original model?
- Can I use the D2 with an Apple iPhone or iPad?
- If the D2 DAC Sender is connected to my MacBook in another room do I have to go back to the computer to change songs?
- How do I make sure that the D2 DAC is set to 24-bit/96KHz audio?
- What is the best USB cable length to use with D2?
- The D2s volume control is on the sender. Does that mean it's a digital control? Will this affect audio quality?
- Is the D2 USB isochronous or asynchronous?
- How many wireless "zones" can I set up with D2?
- What can I do to further ensure that all my wireless devices work well together?