You can absolutely still use the B1, and it will sound great. aptX® is a high quality Bluetooth audio codec that works really well. With that said, in addition to mandatory support for SBC, Bluetooth also includes optional support for many other codecs, like MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, and AAC, all of which have their own advantages, and some of which sound very close to aptX®.
Articles in this section
- Can I turn Bluetooth off?
- Why do I hear my phone's notifications over Bluetooth?
- How do I power off my B1?
- Does the optical output of the B1 utilize the built-in DAC?
- Will B1 interfere with my network and slow it down?
- If B1 is connected, do I need to do anything else to play music from my computer using iTunes or Amarra?
- Does B1 work with any stereo, music system, or powered speakers?
- Does B1 transmit a stereo signal?
- Do I need to install any special drivers for the B1?
- What does the LED indicator light on the B1 mean?